Trying to lose belly fat is a challenge for most women. The fat deposits during pregnancy become almost impossible to get rid off, but there are still ways to achieve fat loss if you know how. Of course, there are quick fix ways that involve surgery or supplements but there are also side effects that come with these options. The best way to lose fat and keep it off permanently is by following a long term diet and exercise regime. It involves hard work, but the rewards will be well worth it.
1. What to eat – Watch what you eat. Substitute your diet with healthier options to lose belly fat. Eat whole grains rather than regular grains. Avoid fatty foods choosing fresh fruits and vegetables instead. Make sure you include plenty of fat burning vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts. Opt for skimmed milk instead of full fat.
2. What to drink – Drink plenty of water everyday to make sure that the body is hydrated. This is essential to the process of fat burning that will help you lose belly fat, as without hydration the liver will not perform its fat elimination functions effectively. At least 8-10 glasses of water are recommended. Green tea is another great drink that boosts the metabolism.
3. What exercise to do – The best exercises that will help you lose belly fat are those that get your heart pumping as this will in turn help burn the fat. Choose cardiovascular exercises such as jogging, cycling, swimming or brisk walking as these will get your heart pumping. Remember that the best time to exercise for burning body fat is early morning before eating breakfast as this is the time when the body does not have carbohydrates to burn and dips into the fat reserves instead.
4. How to eat – Rather than eating 3-4 big meals everyday, to lose belly fat a better option is to eat 5-6 small meals. This not only helps in avoiding overeating as the spaced out smaller meals will help regulate your intake of food but will also boost your metabolism as the body is constantly using energy to break down these meals.
5. What else to do – Besides watching your diet and exercising, another effective way to lose belly fat is to follow the P90X workout, which combines an exercise schedule and a diet plan to help in systematic loss of fat. Following the prescribed daily workout schedule and diet plan helps you stay on track towards getting rid of belly fat permanently.